Thursday, November 11, 2010

Update:

Sorry for the late update everyone but, I've been super busy. Here's what I've been up to.

- Maier's PowerHouse book is in the making with their expected release around Fall of 2011.

- A feature-length documentary film is production - currently spearheaded by good friend Anthony Rydzon and myself (update: and in cooperation with Mortensen Film).

- Scanned and archived about 10,000 negatives with the help of Anthony Rydzon.

- Vivian's first US exhibition will be at the Chicago Cultural Center. Around 80 posthumous prints will be on display including a sample of her color work. It runs from January 8th to April 3rd. If you're in Chicago, stop into the Cultural Center on 78 E. Washington.

There's still a good 90,000 negatives to scan and a few hundred B&W rolls to develop. Not to mention about 600 undeveloped color rolls. I've also safely archived over 3000 of her prints.

Over the course of scanning her work I've discovered that Vivian traveled the world in 1959. She visited and photographed places like Egypt, Bangkok, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, France, Italy, Indonesia...the list goes on. Something also notable is that she traveled alone.

I'll update the blog with more info as things progress.

As a final note, again, I want to thank everyone for their support and encouraging emails. There's a lot of weight on my shoulders and I hope I'm doing the right thing for Vivian's legacy.